The world is so full of a number of things,
I’m sure we should all be as happy as kings.
- Robert Louis Stevenson

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Never Apologize, Never Explain

On the whole that is a motto I take rather serious. But I take this novel rather serious as well, and I value you, my readers and commentators, very, very much. So I wanted to promise you that I have no intention of leaving this tale hanging. Sometimes real life interferes, usually because I am making a mess of things, usually because my heart outshouts my brain, as it did these past three weeks. And sometimes I falter because I fail at being as honest and truthful as I want this telling to be - as I NEED it to be - or because the tale has arrived at a particularely painful point, as it is the case in this Chapter.
I may falter. But if there is any virtue that I call mine, it is that I go on, to the end. I have done so in the past, and by God, I mean to do so now.

1 comment:

  1. Hey again FF,

    I think this is where I left off, but now I find you have gone into edit/improve/change mode. So... I don't know what to do, or what to read.

    Guess I'll be patient. Totally understand how sometimes life invades.

    If/when you need ears, or eyes, or words of feedback, just give the order, and we rag-tag minions will will be there for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete